Closes: Thursday, February 22, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting or a closely related field and 3 years work experience in financial analysis, accounting and reporting
Accounting Specialist II position will be located on the Central Campus.
Accounts Payable supports CPCC's vision of remaining the national leader in workforce development by processing all college invoices, college travel, college utilities and college credit cards in a timely manner. Accounts Payable provides information, assistance, and service to our faculty and staff, who are then better able to service our students.
Responsible for multiple aspects of vendor payment processing including – complex auditing, data entry, data entry verification, check processing, check verification, etc. while applying a working and expanding knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes various forms and other financial information and materials; enters financial information.
- Balances and reconciles assigned accounts and/or funds; researches and reconciles any problems or discrepancies.
- Gathers and summarizes data; conducts research and analyzes information; prepares financial reports.
- Audits and enters complex check requests, including but not limited to, employee mobile phone reimbursement requests. Reviews and maintains database for reimbursement eligibility, audits backup documentation and assigns proper general ledger expense account and quarterly account charge-backs to departmental accounts.
- Audits and enters complex Payroll check requests, including but not limited to, employee payouts, Summer Theatre Program (multiple employees), Payroll deduction vendor payments, movement of money as a result of Payroll vendor payments, etc.
- Reviews and enters sensitive banking account information for employees via direct deposit work-flow for Accounts Payable E-pay purposes. Information is sensitive in nature and access is limited to only a few staff members. This information must be complete and accurate to avoid payment errors.
- Cross-trains as a back-up for P-card/Fuel Card/ American Express expense auditing and departmental account charge-backs and monthly reconciliations. Includes, but not limited to, P-card master bill generation, general knowledge of proper expense account usage per NCCCS, P-card purchasing rules and guidelines, reconciliation of charges to SharePoint and General Ledger.
- Checks and E-pay verification; including verifying payee information, amounts, invoice numbers, mailing addresses, identifying duplicate payments while matching payments to invoice/ back-up documentation. Distributions of checks including interoffice mail, mailroom pick up or contracting customers for check pick-up.
- May prepare various journal entries; may make recommendations regarding journal entries.
- May enter budget revision requests and other financial information into computer system; may review computer printouts for accuracy.
- May monitor activity in assigned accounts; may audit specified accounts for accuracy; may create accounts.
- May provide information and respond to inquiries; may advise departments on policies and procedures relating to budget and other financial questions.
- May review various financial forms and records; may research and resolve discrepancies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Knowledge of office rules, procedures and operations regarding budgets, purchasing, accounts payable, etc.
- Good oral and written communications skills emphasizing financial information
- Knowledge of computer and accounting software
- Ability to maintain, review and audit financial records
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Job Post Contact