Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· High School diploma with a minimum of one year applicable experience required.
· Associate Degree in Accounting preferred.
· Three years general office experience, including accounting and related functions, preferred.
· Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· Knowledge of NC Sales & Use Tax preferred.
· Proficiency with PC in word processing, email and using spreadsheets.
· Proficient use of 10-key calculator.
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
· Ability to compose grammatically accurate correspondence to vendors and college personnel.
· Ability to maintain job effectiveness under stress.
· Ability to display initiative in solving problems and updating skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to process high volume of work with accuracy and meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to reconcile accounts and statements.
· Ability to apply GTCC administrative policy as it applies to the areas of assignment.
· Ability to serve customers pleasantly and efficiently in person and by telephone. Communicate effectively with a commitment to quality customer service.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and exhibit discretion.
See above minimum requirements.
The jobholder is responsible for obtaining approval and timely processing of invoices for payment by verifying receipt of goods, mathematical accuracy, and agreement to purchase orders. They investigate and resolve all invoice discrepancies and ensure proper credit of refunds and overpayments and application of discounts available. They maintain open and paid purchase order files. They assist with the year-end close out process with other Business Office staff and the Shipping/Receiving departments.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact