- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, January 8, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina is required. A Baccalaureate in Nursing is required. Two full year’s prior full-time employment or the equivalent in clinical nursing practice as an R.N. is required. Preparation in teaching and learning principles including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation or willingness to seek continuing education as required by the NC Board of Nursing upon employment is required. Good oral and written communication skills required.
A Master’s degree in Nursing is preferred. Community college or post-secondary teaching experience is preferred. Bilingual preferred.
- Select clinical assignments for students that correlate clinical with theory
- Supervise students’ performance in clinical setting; document students’ progress toward clinical competencies
- Provide effective instruction when relating lab and clinical work to theory
- Submit reports as required and maintains clinical evaluation records
- Participates in curriculum development, revision, implementation and evaluation
If selected for employment, the applicant must submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
INSTITUTION: Wayne Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College system. Located in Goldsboro, NC, the college serves Wayne and adjoining counties. Wayne Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. A Tobacco Free Campus as of August 1, 2009.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and all supporting materials, including copies of certifications and post-secondary transcripts via ApplicantOne at https://www.waynecc.edu/jobs. No paper applications will be accepted. Applications will be screened and the most qualified applicants interviewed. All applicants will be notified once the position has been filled.