- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, November 30, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree from an accredited school with at least 18 graduate hours in English. Master’s in English preferred.
Responsible for providing effective instruction consistent with established objectives and teaching methods in the areas of expository writing and developmental reading, and literary study.
Additional duties include:
- Collaborate with department chair and online subject matter expert regarding instructional content and methods.
- Utilize Moodle LMS for instructional delivery.
- Maintain an accurate gradebook in Moodle.
- Provide formative assessment on a regular basis.
- Keep track of weekly attendance in WebAdvisor.
- Provide timely communication and feedback to students through Moodle, Gmail, and Turnitin.
- Attend professional development recommended by the department chair or online subject matter expert.
How to Apply
POOLING APPLICANT NOTICE:
This job posting is being used to capture a pool of qualified adjunct faculty candidates. Adjunct faculty are part-time, non salaried faculty who are paid for each class taught and are hired on an as-needed basis. An adjunct job posting does not imply an open position exists at this time. The need for adjunct faculty changes from semester to semester and should be considered temporary in nature. Applications for an adjunct position will remain active for one (1) year and will be evaluated only when a specific need occurs.
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources