- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, November 30, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in English from a regionally accredited institution.
Experience teaching reading and writing at a developmental level is preferred. Daytime availability and strong technology skills are a plus.
Responsible for providing effective instruction consistent with established objectives and teaching methods in the areas of expository writing and developmental reading. Additional duties include:
- Collaborate with department chair and DRE lead teacher regarding instructional content and methods.
- Administer regular common formative assessments.
- Utilize Achieve 3000 software.
- Utilize Moodle LMS for instructional delivery.
- Maintain an accurate gradebook in Moodle.
- Keep track of weekly attendance in WebAdvisor.
- Provide timely communication and feedback to students through Moodle, Gmail, and Turnitin.
- Attend Achieve 3000 software training and additional professional development at the recommendation of the department chair or DRE lead teacher.
How to Apply
POOLING APPLICANT NOTICE:
This job posting is being used to capture a pool of qualified adjunct faculty candidates. Adjunct faculty are part-time, non salaried faculty who are paid for each class taught and are hired on an as-needed basis. An adjunct job posting does not imply an open position exists at this time. The need for adjunct faculty changes from semester to semester and should be considered temporary in nature. Applications for an adjunct position will remain active for one (1) year and will be evaluated only when a specific need occurs.MINIMUM
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources