Closes: Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's Degree; and 2-4 years of administrative experience
Administrative Assistant to the Director of Administrative Services. Performs a variety of secretarial/administrative support duties such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, greeting faculty, staff and vendors, coordinating the purchase of campus office/teaching supplies, maintaining supply inventory, coordinating support for shipping and receiving, preparing departmental reports, organizing, updating and maintaining paper and electronic files for department. Performs other administrative assistant duties as requested.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Greets visitors to the department. Provides information and assistance.
- Manages appointments for Director of Administrative Services.
- Answers department telephone, refers callers to appropriate staff members, takes messages, handles meeting coordination.
- Proofreads, edits, and creates forms and documents as needed.
- Prepares requisitions and processes invoices for payment.
- Seeks lowest cost source for office/teaching supplies used by college staff.
- Maintains, orders and reconciles supply room inventory.
- Attends meetings, takes minutes.
- Coordinates support for deliveries in shipping and receiving.
- Copy/format/distribute materials in a timely manner (electronic or hard copy).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to proactively identify or anticipate issues and use judgment to expeditiously resolve all issues.
- Ability to prepare and edit reports and presentations using Microsoft Office software.
- Interface regularly with department members as well as colleagues from other departments and will be expected to interact appropriately.
May assist in supervision of student worker schedules and daily activities.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: