Closes: Thursday, August 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in office administration or related field.
- One year customer service related work experience.
- One year working experience in facilities, construction or maintenance environment.
- One year working experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor degree in office administration or related field.
- Two years customer service related experience.
- Two or more years working experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficient in math and measurements
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague
- Previous Community College experience in maintenance and facilities.
- Working knowledge of construction projects or other fields relating to construction.
The Administrative Assistant for Facilities reports directly to the Director of Facility Operations. The Administrative Assistant for Facilities will play a critical role by assisting with construction project administration, maintenance and repair projects, design contracts and construction budgeting forms. This position will also perform numerous administrative duties including mail, phones, filing and appointments.
- Perform various administrative tasks, such as spreadsheets, contract review, bidding processes and assisting with updating departmental operating manuals.
- Provide assistance to Facilities staff with the procurement of supplies, equipment and subcontract labor for maintenance, repair and construction projects and landscaping.
- Assist Director by handling mail merges, incoming calls, emails, coordinating appointments, filing, and monthly/quarterly/bi-annual reports to state.
- Administrative work related to warranty, maintenance and annual agreements for Facilities.
- Provide assistance with advertising, bidding, proposals, contracts and budgeting.
- Assist with travel authorizations, purchasing procedures, credit cards, timesheets, and leave forms for Facilities staff.
- Offer customer service by handling multi-line phone, messages and walk-ins.
- Assist with electronic plans and specification books.
- Participate in departmental planning, scheduling and drills.
- Set-up and coordinate meetings for Facilities department.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205