Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Dr.
Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Monday, January 1, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associates degree, computer skills, communication skills, strong organizational skills, and demonstrated customer service experience required.
NC Community College experience preferred.
Primary purpose is to give support to the Director of Information Technology and the Department of Information Technology staff. This includes management of the office including answering calls, routing requests to the appropriate Information Technology staff, maintaining files, scheduling meetings, recording the minutes, and ordering supplies.
Provide first level of Help Desk support for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Maintain purchase orders within the IT department.
- Maintain and organize records (including contracts, POs, meeting minutes, inventory, Employee Access Forms and other paperwork).
- Work closely with the Systems Admin and the Operations Administrator and coordinate 'computer access for new employees' process.
- Maintain files for PCards for the department, including turning in information for the PCards to be processed to the Business Office or all IT employees.
- Coordinate the purchase and receiving for all technology equipment, including notification of receiving to the Business Office and the person who originated the purchase order.
- Maintain accurate records and files for software licenses, software access keys, and hardware support and maintenance agreements and ensure that they are renewed on time.
- Work closely with the Director of IT to code, track, and keep accurate records of the purchasing and budgetary spending process for the IT department.
- Model good recordkeeping.
- Coordinate meetings for the division under the direction of the Director of IT.
- Take minutes of meetings within the department.
- Perform secretarial duties, including using the computer, copier, fax machine, etc.
- Coordinate meetings for employee development for the Department.
- Responsible for special projects assigned within the college by serving on committees, setting up meetings, etc. as directed by the President of HCC.
- Assist on any special projects deemed necessary by the Director of IT.
- Answer the telephone.
- Provide first level of Help Desk support, assist with logon issues, reset passwords, assist with application and email problems, and escalate calls to appropriate IT staff as needed.
- Contact the technology staff when an immediate technology need arises on the campus.
- Ensure communication within IT department when people are on-call or off-site.
- Exercise a professional and customer service orientation in performing job duties.
- Foster collaboration among departments by ensuring that the information and instructional systems are supporting the teaching, learning, and administrative functions of the college.
- Ensure that records, accountability, and performance adhere to college policies and procedures, NCCCS directives, NC State Administrative Code, and other relevant guidelines.
- Assist the Director of Technology in preparing reports.
- Campus Moves – Responsible for coordination of office and departmental moves, which includes scheduling with owner, IT and outside agency (if applicable). This includes moving IT equipment, Telephones and any other Technology needs associated with the move applicable to offices and classrooms.
Licensing Requirement: None
Physical Demands: Moderate mixture of sitting, standing, and walking
Working Conditions: All of the work will be conducted indoors, in an open, multi-user office/service area environment
Hazard Assessment: Eyestrain from computer usage and reading
Personal Protective Equipment: None
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
How to Apply
Online applications are accepted via the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Reference policy no. 3.1.1 at www.haywood.edu for further information.