Closes: Friday, December 15, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree with three years full-time experience in Admissions required. Ability to effectively communicate, interpret regulations, and office policy and procedures. Microsoft Office Suite, publishing software, website management.
Knowledge of and significant experience with a campus information management software system, DATATEL/Colleague and CFNC preferred.
POSITION PURPOSE: To coordinate and assist with the connection and entry phases of curriculum program student recruitment and the admissions process. To maintain admissions related functions of the student information management system (Colleague) and to communicate admissions related information to all appropriate audiences.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with college deans, program chairpersons, and appropriate staff, develop and execute a plan for student recruitment including campus tours and interest programs at the College and in area schools.
- Provide up-to-date admissions and program of study information to current and prospective students.
- Develop and maintain processes to receive and enter applicant data, and notify students of their acceptance into the College.
- In collaboration with the curriculum chairpersons for special admission programs, develop and maintain processes to track applicants and inform chairpersons and applicants of their status.
- Process high school transcripts for multiple measures placement test waiver; process college transcripts for coursework to waive English, math and computer placement tests.
- Maintain CFNC website to include term and major management and automated application follow-up.
- Maintain current knowledge of State residency guidelines; act as state residency liaison/college contact between the college and the state residency office.
- Maintain current knowledge of international student admission requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of military student/spouse admissions and SOC requirements
- Develop and maintain the communications management function of Colleague for student services.
- Conduct recruitment presentations and campus tours for diverse audiences.
- Respond to admissions related questions in a timely manner.
- Participate in classroom visitations, career expos, college fairs, and other special events to discuss program options with potential students.
- Supervise and assist Admissions staff with application processing and admissions screening.
- Maintain the student services area of the college website.
- Maintain a steady flow of communication via email, social media, and phone calls with prospective students and applicants in order to establish a relationship with potential students.
- Serve on school-wide committees as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557