Closes: Friday, March 23, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree
- One year clerical or data entry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One year Colleague experience
- Experience working in a NC Community College Admissions Office
Coordinates the necessary processes required for admission-related documentation and ensures that all data oriented to the general curriculum programs is properly entered into the student database. Coordinates correspondence to applicants throughout the admissions process. This position reports directly to the Director of Admissions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Admissions Office in processing the college application and supporting documents.
- Serves as the admissions office representative for the Career & College Promise Portal for documentation.
- Serve as the college’s Coordinator for the Residency Determination.
- Processes Gainful Employment documentation as it relates to new student applications.
- Maintains a high level of detail and confidentiality.
- Develop improved workflow processes to streamline the Admissions process from point of application to full acceptance.
- Coordinate the collection and processing of admissions documents for all general curriculum program students.
- Serve as the liaison between CFNC and SCC.
- Manage and update the CFNC – SCC application site.
- Coordinate the admission process for all high school students.
- Assist with the auditing of applicant documentation before each registration to identify incomplete files; add restrictions to students’ Colleague records, and notify students of their status.
- Assist with the auditing of applicant files immediately following registration, transfer files of fully accepted and registered students to Registrar; deactivate those applicants’ files that did not register.
- Audit returning student files for incomplete admission requirements prior to re-activation.
- Troubleshoot problems with all admissions Colleague issues including application processes and restrictions.
- Collaborate with the Eagle’s 1-Stop to ensure receipt of admission documents.
- Determine the reports necessary for data correction and update in Colleague system.
- Generate written and electronic correspondence to applicants through the communications management function of Colleague to apprise the applicants of their admissions status.
- Manage the downloading and printing of electronic applications for admission and ensure that all data entered into student data system is accurate.
- Process hard-copy student applications and other admissions related documentation for the database system.
- Assist with processing student changes in curriculum, especially during peak times.
- Assist with the process and paperwork related to the readmission of students.
- Audit incoming high school and college transcripts for accurate file processing.
- Collaborate with others in the Enrollment Management Department to ensure data is complete for reporting.
- Collaborate with and provide training to other staff members regarding admission processes when needed.
- Assist with other admissions duties requiring evening and weekend assignments.
- Review data to ensure accuracy for state reporting.
- Processes and troubleshoots student information in relationship to the Residency Determination process.
- Serves as the college's Coordinator for Residency Determination.
- Processes and maintains the admission process for students applying to gainful employment eligible programs.
- Serves on institutional committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001