- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, February 5, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Maintain proficiency in technology (Microsoft Office, Access, email, etc.).
- Support the mission, vision, and values of CCCC.
- Understand and appreciate the philosophy of the NC Community College System.
- One to two years of experience teaching in a secondary, community college, adult education or alternative educational setting
The ABE instructor is responsible for providing instruction to adult learners of varying academic levels. The instructor helps students meet necessary goals and prepares students for secondary coursework.
- Prepare lesson plans and course materials that maximize student learning in pre-GED subject matter areas: Language Arts (Reading and Writing), Social Studies, Science and Mathematics. Evaluate student progress regularly, with an emphasis on building reading and math skills to a grade level of 9.0 on TABE, CASAS or other, approved standardized assessment.
- Employ appropriate and diverse teaching and learning strategies – i.e. individual, group, hands-on and contextualized instruction as well as lecture and discussion. Incorporate instructional technology (i.e. internet, software programs, laptops, and/or SMART Board) when available and appropriate.
- Provide counseling and academic guidance to students as needed to achieve academic and career goals.
- Review course content and materials as well as student evaluations and make recommendations to Coordinator for course revision and/or development. Collaborate with Coordinator to review, evaluate and, if necessary, revise ABE program.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, pre and post-test hours, grades, and progress. Submit final rosters according to established deadlines.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of educational functioning levels (EFL's), LEIS forms, post-testing guidelines and performance measures. Monitor student registrations, goals, and outcomes using LEIS (Literacy Education Information System).
- Implement best practices for the retention and recruitment of students.
- Adhere to institutional policies and procedures. Enforce rules concerning student behavior.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings and professional development training. Assist coordinator with part-time instructor training. Serve on college committee.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources