Closes: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Individual must have an Associate of Arts Degree from an accredited college.
Must also be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in English from an accredited college.
Bachelor’s/master’s degrees preferred.
TESOL certification or degree preferred.
CRLA tutor certification preferred.
Statement of Primary Purpose
The Learning Assistance Center (LAC) has a long history of supporting student success at SCC with a tradition of providing excellent service. Having a strong customer-service focus, qualified Learning Consultants are vital to our success.
Part-time, non-exempt staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Provide writing assistance to more than one individual at a time on a drop-in basis.
• Manage the Learning Assistance Center (LAC) area.
• Proctor and monitor exams.
• Give in-class presentations.
• Accomplish assigned goals.
• Submit paperwork in a timely manner (reports and timesheets).
• Individual must have an Associate of Arts Degree from an accredited college.
• Must also be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in English from an accredited college.
• Bachelor’s/master’s degrees preferred.
• TESOL certification or degree preferred.
• CRLA tutor certification preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must be able to apply skills-based, minimalist-tutoring methodology while working with students and multi-task with a minimum of stress and error.
Must have intermediate working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Blackboard.
Must have accurate record-keeping and documentation skills.
Minimum of one year of tutoring/teaching experience required.
Ability to also assist with intermediate mathematics preferred.
Indoor, lab setting.
Computers, printers, copiers.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact