- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Sunday, August 13, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Two years of increasingly responsible experience in textiles or two years of experience in a scientific lab.
Education and training:
High School (or equivalent) + 5 years directly related experience
Two year associates in closely related field
B.S. in Textiles preferred.
- Textile testing principles, procedures, practices
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Machinery used in Textile Testing operations.
- Computer programs such as Word and Excel.
- Keep accurate records of the tests performed at the MSC. Interpret test results and identify possible
- Solutions to problems found with the fabrics tested.
- Interpret and apply federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain equipment in the testing lab.
- Work with equipment manufacturers to obtain equipment for the lab.
See minimum qualifications.
Important responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Runs testing machines, performs tests and fills out the required paperwork for the various tests performed
Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness for service delivery methods and procedures; recommend appropriate service and staffing levels.
Serve as liaison for the Manufacturing Solutions Center with other campus departments and outside agencies
Help with the development of marketing materials for the Testing program.
Identify opportunities to bring the MSC Testing programs to the lab or in plant training on site.
Coordinate tours and visits from schools and other interested parties.
Perform other duties as assigned.