Closes: Tuesday, December 19, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associates degree in a computer related field desired or a combination of at least two years of college education and proven progressive work experience in an IT environment.
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least one year of experience in an administrative multi-user computing environment. Previous job responsibilities should include application software development, report creation and scripting. Academic environment experience is highly desired.
- Visual Studio and .NET experience (C# preferable).
- Querying Databases using SQL and/or UniQuery for SQL-based and/or UniData environments, respectively.
- Reporting against databases and experience with data analysis.
- Ability to present technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, prioritize a variety of work assignments and meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience supporting, developing, and/or maintaining Ellucian’s Colleague ERP system (or similar ERP system) and associated applications.
- Experience developing custom software-related projects using programming solutions such as XML, JSON, and web services (WSDL, SOAP, REST).
- Experience developing application for Android and/or iOS.
- Experience with Windows Server/ IIS (or Apache Tomcat) web applications and services.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide customization and maintenance support for application programs of the College’s enterprise information system. Gather, analyze and modify data using high level programming languages and report creation software. Position is responsible for maintaining state mandated administrative application software; developing and implementing local custom administrative software; and providing technical support of all administrative software and administrative related hardware needs. Supervised by and reports to Senior Application Programmer/Analyst.
Gathers information on administrative user’s situation; diagnoses the problem or request and if necessary, refers to documentation or external resources to resolve the situation.
Designs and develops computer programs and/or queries to meet user need requirements. Examples include file creation, update and maintenance and report queries; develops entire modules as needed.
Designs, develops and writes web applications for ERP system including the integration of database files with said applications. Develops and maintains database management system computed fields and may include the creation and customization of localized files.
Sets up and configures the automation of program execution when needed.
Installs and troubleshoots externally provided administrative software for the NC Community College System and other vendors.
Develops and maintains data exported to third party systems including the creation, formatting and transfer of the data.
Converts and maintains unsupported programs and reports to ensure continued functionality.
Train users in capabilities, limitations and proper use of automated systems.
Assist Administrative Computing Systems Administrators with troubleshooting application code.
Performs other related duties as required or assigned