VGCC Main Campus
Henderson NC 27536
Closes: Thursday, April 19, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Graduation from a four year college or university with a degree in education, business, communication, and at least one year of consultation or auditing experience in public education which is specifically related to assigned work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree desired in accounting, finance, communication or related field.
- Three or more years working in a compliance, consultation or auditing role within the community college system, college Registrar/Records office, or related field with a strong understanding of compliance principles and practices.
- Assists Registrar in completion of federal, state and institutional reporting requirements including National Student Clearinghouse enrollment and graduate reports, Curriculum Registration Progress & Financial Aid (CRPFA), and Gainful Employment.
- Manages, prepares, ensures the accuracy of, and submits the Curriculum and Continuing Education Institutional Class Reports.
- Audits, verifies, corrects, and stores attendance rosters for curriculum and continuing education classes including seated, hybrid and online to meet state compliance requirements.
- Works with Distance Education, Continuing Education and Basic Skills to support and train staff in the collection and maintenance of class records and related documents.
-Assists and participates in all aspects of the graduation process including graduation planning, coordination of diplomas, program review, generating annual statistics, rehearsal notifications, and website updates.
- Evaluates post-secondary transcripts for transfer credit and enters transferred coursework in Colleague or other data systems as needed.
- Verifies enrollment for curriculum students for purposes of loan deferments, insurance forms, background checks and other investigative purposes as requested.
- Assists students who have been reclassified through the Residency Determination Service and updates student records. Coordinates with the Business Office to recalculate students’ accounts due to residency changes.
- Provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Registrar.
- Perform duties of the Registrar in the absence of the Registrar with delegated signing authority of the Registrar.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Registrar and/or the Dean of Student Support Services as requested.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3462