Harnett Campus, Lillington, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's Degree in Adult Education or a related field, AND
Five years of progressive experience in an adult education/community college setting; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
Understanding of budget principles and procedures
Knowledge of institutional policies
Ability to secure, manage, and evaluate grant-funded projects.
Knowledge and/or experience with College and Career Readiness programs.
- Manages and provides leadership within College and Career Readiness program areas (CCR).
- Oversees development and implementation of a collaborative work culture that values and encourages input from all CCR faculty, staff, and administration.
- Directs and participates in the development and implementation of goals and objectives, as well as policies and procedures for CCR program areas.
- Monitors, oversees and coordinates the development and delivery of instructional courses and programs that result in meeting or exceeding state and federal performance benchmarks.
- Participates in the development and administration of budgets. Monitors and manages expenditures. Forecasts and recommends additional funds for staffing, equipment, material and supplies. Seeks external funding sources to support and expand programs and services.
- Ensures state and federal performance measure reports are submitted correctly in a timely manner; and analyzes reports and makes recommendations as needed based on findings.
- Informs the Dean of Student Learning about the operations of the division and shares challenges and opportunities.
- Plans and conducts regular meetings with CCR coordinators.
- Collaborates with others in the College to develop courses that promote movement of CCR students into further education and training opportunities.
- Monitors enrollment in all division programs and makes adjustments to programs, as needed.
- Oversees and participates in CCR commencement exercises.
- Supervises and directs payroll processes.
- Supervises professional development activities.
- Oversees the assessment process and outcomes in all program areas.
- Maintains working relationships with various interest groups, civic clubs,
- agencies, businesses, and industries to promote the division.
- Directs the purchase and allocation of supplies and resources within the division.
- Works with CCR staff to secure state and federal grants.
- Supervises the administration of grant-funded programs and activities.
- Identifies and supports the development of college and career transition programs and pathways, working collaboratively with others in the college and at the state level.
- Initiate efforts to create and expand programs to emerging populations and new markets.
- Hire and evaluate faculty and staff.
- Prepare class schedules and faculty contracts.
- Serve on College committees and task forces as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources