Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Higher Education Leadership, or related field;
2. Five years of college-administrative experience at the department chair level or higher;
3. Five years of experience teaching in a discipline related to Hospitality Education;
4. Proven track record of developing new and innovative programs;
5. Experience with budget management, student learning outcome assessment, academic advising, recruiting of faculty and students, and strategic planning;
6. Ability to use software including Microsoft Office 365, LMS such as Moodle, and other college information systems;
7. Proven track record of successful networking and collaboration with community partners;
8. Proven track record of successful event planning.
1. Experience with American Culinary Federation competition;
2. Experience with American Culinary Federation accreditation;
3. Experience with North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Arts.
Job Description Summary
The Associate Dean of Hospitality Education provides visionary leadership and coordination for the Brewing, Distillation & Fermentation, Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, and Cosmetology and Esthetics departments. The Associate Dean develops, oversees, implements, and evaluates the A.A.S. degree, diploma, certificate, and continuing education programs within Hospitality Education. The Associate Dean provides support for and assists with planning of campus events. Additionally, the Associate Dean supports the mission of the College and meets the educational needs of students while fulfilling requirements of employers and accrediting bodies.
• Provides leadership for Hospitality Education including Brewing, Distillation, & Fermentation, Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, and Cosmetology and Esthetics departments as well as the Craft Beverage Institute of the South;
• Provides assistance with administration of and planning for College events;
• Recruits and develops faculty;
• Develops and manages budgets;
• Manages travel of the Hot Food Team;
• Oversees accreditation efforts;
• Develops and maintains relationships with community partners;
• Oversees new program development;
• Oversees student learning outcome assessment, academic advising, and strategic planning;
• Oversees student recruiting and retention efforts.