Closes: Friday, April 20, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or similar 2-year degree.
- Must have at least 2 years working experience and/or knowledge in continuing education within a college or university setting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or similar 4-year degree.
- NCCCS Continuing Education (CE)/Career Credit records/reporting experience.
Manages the Continuing Education (CE) records and reporting processes. Coordinate a variety of support services involving the collection and organization of report documentation pertaining to registration, grading attendance, accountability plan and maintenance of student information. Provide an advanced level of office support functions which include using various software programs, providing information to general public and various other related duties. This position reports to the Dean of Enrollment Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the college Continuing Education (CE) records and reporting process.
- Assist the Dean of Enrollment Management in the setup and reporting functions within the student information system as it pertains to CE student records and registration.
- Collaborate with the Division of Instruction, Student Services and the Business Office in matters related to the registration, completion, and reporting of CE courses.
- Prepare NCCCS Administrative Office Reports as scheduled in the Annual Reports Due section of the system office website. Coordinate with all areas of the college to ensure the accuracy of the reports. Develop and maintain procedures and information reported for calculating CE FTE’s earned (ICR, FTE, Overlap, CRPFA, etc.).
- Assist with all areas of pre-registration/registration as requested by the supervisor for CE and College and Career Readiness (CCR) courses. Work with supervisor to identify suitable solutions for corrections in student registration; for example, billing errors, registration within Instant Enrollment, etc.
- Use the college’s enterprise software, Colleague, to enter class information, reconcile information, and submit reports to the necessary constituents.
- Work closely with CE coordinators to ensure accurate and timely documentation for courses.
- Prepare materials for review with the NCCCS Compliances Services during FTE audits.
- Assist CE coordinators with the creation of new courses.
- Coordinate the process for documenting the changes made to courses once they have started in compliance with auditing standards.
- Coordinate assistance for faculty with regard to the attendance process (online and paper) each semester when classes begin.
- Manage the individual class files to certify completion of the class, making sure all items are correct (i.e., rosters, signatures, etc.), and have been turned into the Enrollment Management office.
- Submit the CE ICR and FTE reports in accordance with NCCCS guidelines. Provide statistical data to college administration indicating trends in CE for SCC.
- Assist in maintaining the Con-Ed Green book and CE Course List
- Build classes and process applications and registrations as needed, sometimes serving as a backup for data entry (i.e., CJC, CTP, SBC, HRD, Fire/EMS, etc).
- Monitor funding sources for courses and registrations to ensure the correct billing is in place for the student (sponsored vs. non-sponsored students).
- Work with Business Office in reconciling incorrect fees, transfers that affect fees, drops, withdrawals, deletions and any other related registration fee issues.
- Process course completion certificates.
- Manage Dual Enrollment Forms Book for accurate data.
- Assist in training new employees with Colleague forms and data entry in relation to SCC’s CE programs.
- Assist in testing of system patches as related to CE records and registration.
- Maintain open communication with our Information Technology department in regards to CE records and registration processing.
- Attend conferences and participate in training programs as needed to remain current on trends in community college continuing education.
- Remain up-to-date on NCCCS Continuing Education policies and procedures as memos and updates to the SBCC is communicated. Work closely with the Dean of Enrollment Management when updates to college policies are needed to realign with NCCCS policies concerning CE.
- Supervises CCR Records Technician.
- Serve on committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- ERP User Training (Colleague, Informer, ImageNow, etc.)
- Position Specific Applications (Instant Enrollment, Waitlisting, WebAttendance, etc.)
- NC LOR Research
- SCC Employee Onboarding
- School Dude (Maintenance Work Order System)
- NC E-Procurement (Purchasing)
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001