Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A Master's degree in with 18 hours in the field is required. Graduate biology coursework focusing on anatomy and physiology is preferred
Graduate biology coursework focusing on anatomy and physiology is preferred
Statement of Primary Purpose
An instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Teaching and Learning:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the chair and approved by the dean.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers approved outcomes.
- Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed.
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, etc.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Make recommendations to chair for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Provide assistance to advisees.
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities.
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
- Use the computer and the college's student information system to assist advisees.
- Follow up on all assigned advisees.
Attend training sessions relative to advising.
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the chair and then the dean and participate in those activities that achieve approved professional development activities.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings.
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department.
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
Masters degree in Biology with 18 hours in the field is required. Graduate biology coursework focusing on anatomy and physiology is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
Meet essential cognitive, sensory, affective & psychomotor performance requirements & functions
Working Conditions and Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc.)
Ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule. Limited travel within service area. Overnight travel for clinical and professional meetings may be required. Evening and weekend clinical hours may be required.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557