Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Dr
Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree from an accredited university with 18 graduate hours in biology or a related life science discipline.
Master's degree in biology with teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
Instructor will teach face-to-face BIO courses, with the potential to teach online BIO courses. Duties are primarily instructional with efforts that promote and enhance the college's commitment to excellence in instruction and which support the current needs of the students and other faculty; Instructors are responsible to a dean and/or program manager. The relationship of the instructor to the student is one of leader, teacher, and facilitator of learning.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Generates updated course syllabi at the beginning of the semester that provide students with a list of course requirements, necessary texts/supplies, a summary of course content and subject competencies to be covered, and evaluation methods to be utilized.
- Prepares course materials.
- Uses appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions, and conducting laboratory demonstrations/exercises.
- Conducts evaluations of student performance and assigns grades based on those evaluations.
- Maintains and submits records of student attendance and grades on time, and in accordance with College procedure.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by College procedure and for discussing the results of surveys with his/her supervisor.
- Supports and encourages college-sponsored activities.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as required to meet course objectives.
How to Apply
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide 3 professional references with current email addresses.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus.
- HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.