JCC Workforce Development Center
Closes: Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree in biology, microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry, industrial systems, engineering or any related field.
One year working in a lab setting where setting up experiments is required. Teaching or training experience is preferred.
Coordinates biotechnology activities and serves as laboratory technician at the Workforce Development Center. This is a full-time position.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates testing and re-testing of students.
- Prepares labs at the WDC for all faculty/biotech company trainings/outside vendors.
- Coordinates lab maintenance and design/functionality of all labs.
- Handles ordering, cataloging and organizing of supplies.
- Tutors students in basic biotechnology subjects.
- Assists in coordination of career fairs and hiring events.
- Assists in the updating of technology (laptops, Chromebooks) for student usage.
- Generates quotes for equipment/supplies.
- Assists with grade management in Blackboard and paper filing for industry training.
- Coordinates placement testing for all potential BioWork students
- Coordinates WDC maintenance and technology requests as needed.
- Provides in-class instruction on labs within courses in the Biotechnology department.
- Assists students and potential students with questions and inquiries about the programs.
- Assists in the tracking, retention and marketing for students within the biotechnology program and for potential students.
- Serves on internal and external committees as requested.
- Participates in professional organizations and associations.
- Maintains personal certifications and stays up-to-date in latest biotechnologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office. Individual should be confident in using spreadsheets to keep track of student data and inventory.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact