Workforce Development Center - Clayton, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates Degree and five or more years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience OR ten or more years of biotech or pharma manufacturing experience with certifications.
Combination of education and experience.
Serves as instructor for the training programs associated with the Biotechnology department including BioWork, Advanced Bioprocessing, Aseptic Training and Bioprocess Technology curriculum.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Instructs BioWork, Advanced Bioprocessing, Aseptic Training and Bioprocess Technology curriculum.
- Designs courses related to biotechnology manufacturing.
- Works closely with Customized Training to develop course material and teach specifically for the biotechnology manufacturing industry.
- Instructs classes face-to-face, online, hybrid and on-site at industry. Training is available for online instruction. Instructs a variety of schedules, which may include some nights as needed.
- Instructs primarily at the Johnston County Workforce Development Center in Clayton.
- Assists students and potential students with questions and inquiries about the programs.
- Tutors students who are having difficulty with material.
- Handles student issues, including make-up tests, retests, attendance issues, grades, etc.
- Maintains lab materials and equipment for inventory purposes.
- Sets up and operates manufacturing related equipment and processes in a simulation environment.
- Works with part time faculty to ensure proper lab materials and set up are available.
- Assists in the tracking, retention and marketing for students within the biotechnology program and for potential students.
- Prepares lab activities and instructor demonstrations.
- Serves on internal and external committees as requested.
- Participates in professional organizations and associations.
- Maintains personal certifications and stays abreast of professional advancements.
This job will supervise part time instructors.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but can be loud in industrial manufacturing or lab areas. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, industrial equipment, and pressurized vessels. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, microbial organisms in a controlled environment, and fumes associated with environmental monitoring and cleaning. PPE is required for some activities.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact