JCC Workforce Development Center - Clayton, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, August 14, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, industrial systems, engineering or related field.
Three to five years of teaching or training in an education or industry setting. At least one year experience in biotechnical or pharmaceutical industry.
Serves as instructor for the training programs associated with the Biotechnology department including BioWork, Advanced Bioprocessing, Aseptic Training and Bioprocess Technology curriculum.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Instructs courses in the Biotechnology field
- Works closely with Customized Training to develop course material and provide training specifically for the Biotech industry in the County
- Instructs within the Career & College Promise program, to include local high schools as needed
- Assists students and potential students with questions and inquiries about the programs
- Tutors students who are having difficulty with the material in Biotechnology programs
- Handles student issues including, make-up tests, retests, attendance issues, etc.
- Maintains lab materials and equipment for inventory purposes
- Works with part time faculty to ensure proper lab materials and set up are available
- Assists in the tracking, retention and marketing for students within the biotechnology program and for potential students
- Prepares lab activities and instructor demonstrations
- Serves on internal and external committees as requested
- Participates in professional organizations and associations
- Maintains personal certifications and stays abreast of professional advancements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact