5049 NC Hwy 306 S
Closes: Thursday, February 1, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
HS Diploma required.
One year of bookstore, cashiering, and/or inventory experience. Experience with the Colleague management system. General knowledge of record-keeping processes and experience with handling cash. Computer skills to include proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, and the ability to learn the college’s database system. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Able to multi-task and maintain great attention in a high traffic/busy environment. Must possess a valid NC State driver’s license. Must be able to work proficiently independently or as part of a team. Must be able to effectively deal tactfully with students, staff, and the public (both in person and over the phone). Must be reliable and timely in reporting to work. The position requires mobility. Medium physical exertion; duties involve moving materials weighing 10-25 pounds on a regular basis and 20-50 pounds on an occasional basis with assistance.
Certificate in Accounting or equivalent experience preferred.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Controller, the Bookstore Technician/Cashier will assist students and staff with all bookstore and cashiering transactions. Additionally, this position is responsible for tasks associated with receiving all incoming purchases to the college, with conducting daily mail pickup and delivery for the college and with providing other administrative support as required to help the Business Office function in an effective and efficient manner.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer service in accordance with college philosophy.
- Process bookstore sales, including walk-in and phone sales.
- Prepare and process returns to publishers and vendors; prepare and maintain data records of returns.
- Receive, price, and stock books, supplies, and general merchandise.
- Maintain and update bookstore inventory records.
- Perform functions related to cashiering such as:handling cash receipts, operating the credit card machine and processing financial aid charges (while maintaining security and confidentiality according to PCI standards), and assisting customers by answering questions and handling returns and concerns.
- Record, balance, and deposit monies according to established procedures; prepare daily reports and bank deposits.
- Be prepared for an adjustment of hours since evening and/or weekend work may be required.
- Receive, process, and distribute incoming shipments of books, supplies, and equipment.
- Conduct daily mail runs; pick up and deliver mail from/to the Post Office, Bayboro Center, and Prison.
- Receive, document, and deliver incoming goods, ensuring that the quantity and part numbers are accurate, that the orders are complete, and that all items are in serviceable condition. Additionally, troubleshoot backordered, inaccurate, or damaged items and work with the Purchasing Director to fix all issues.
How to Apply
This procedure must be followed or application may be rejected. Candidates should submit: (1) signed Pamlico Community College application which can be obtained at the college website http://www.pamlicocc.edu/about-employment.php or by calling (252) 249-1851, extension 3038; (2) a photocopy of college transcripts, if applicable; and (3) a resume. The resume is not a substitute for a completed application; the application must include work history. If you have transcripts already on file, please specify. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration, and all requested information must be received by the deadline date. Mail to Brandy Fillingame, P.O. Box 185 (5049 Highway 306 South for carrier deliveries), Grantsboro, NC 28529, or email@example.com with position title in subject line or fax to 252-249-2984. Employment and selection procedures are outlined in Chapter 6 of PCC’s Policies and Procedures.