Scotland Correctional Facility
Closes: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
NFB Braille Literary Transcription Certification required. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Braille transcription required. A demonstrated understanding and commitment to the open door philosophy of the community colleges as well as a commitment to student learning is required. Ability to be employable in a NC Department of Public Safety facility required.
Community college and/or adult education teaching experience highly preferred. Experience in correctional environments preferred.
General Description of the Position:
The Occupational Extension Instructor, under the direction of the Director of Adult Education and High School Equivalency and the authority of the Vice President for Workforce and Economic Development and in cooperation with the Morrison Correctional Institution’s educational department, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned continuing education area.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Provide classroom instruction and work-based learning experiences related to commercial cleaning.
- Administer proficiency examinations and stay abreast of student’s classroom needs.
- Assist in the continual evaluation of the curriculum, developing course outlines, teaching outlines, and course descriptions as required.
- Maintain a current course outline file in the Workforce and Economic Development office.
- Recommend textbooks, materials, supplies, and equipment needed to support the program.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by the WED department and Business Office and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
- Keep College administration informed of matters pertaining to the program.
- Abide by all of the directives set forth in the formal agreement between Richmond Community College and Morrison Correctional Institution.
- Enforce and comply with the correct use of chemicals and equipment as trained.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: email@example.com. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins: October 16, 2017. Open until filled. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of college transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level 7, Starting range $33,014-$41,268, commensurate with experience. Full-time.
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804 or (910) 276-3331
Fax: (910) 582-7028