Statesville & Mooresville campuses
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, November 12, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Business Administration preferred or master's degree in Business Administration related field with 18 graduate hours.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching in a community college setting is a plus.
An adjunct instructor is responsible, under the supervision of the appropriate dean/division director and program coordinator, for effectively teaching the courses assigned. Each instructor also is responsible for the related duties of the position required to meet the instructional objectives of the institution. Appropriate academic credentials and experience are determined by the nature and requirements of the instructional position according to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) criteria.
Knowledge & Responsibilities
Adjunct instructors must have:
- the ability to relate to students, faculty, and staff in a courteous, professional manner;
- an understanding of and commitment to open-access community college philosophy, teamwork, and diversity;
- the ability to plan and organize courses, use a variety of teaching and learning strategies to insure student success, utilize effective classroom management, and employ effective and appropriate evaluation of student performance;
- a working knowledge of campus services for appropriate referral;
- the ability to use instructional technology effectively
- be thoroughly prepared for each lecture, lab, clinical, or shop time;
- be available to students outside of class time through e-mail, telephone, and individual meetings as needed;
- attend any required faculty, division, or departmental meetings. Such meetings are optional or by invitation for most part-time instructors;
- accurately complete and submit all required reports and student records by stated deadlines and return all college materials and grade books at the end of each semester; and
- comply with college policies and procedures as defined in the Policy and Procedures Manual.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact