Closes: Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in business, or related credential. Other credentials including substantial experience in Public Policy, Workforce Development, Economic Development, Business Outreach and/or Work Experience may be considered in lieu of or in conjunction with educational experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business, economic development, workforce development, or related fields.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Business -- A thorough and comprehensive knowledge of business, business process, business needs, and the business and organizational environment.
- Outreach -- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and training on products or services. This includes outreach strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and outreach information systems.
- Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clerical -- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate
- Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Service Orientation -- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Learning -- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making.
- Coordination -- Coordinating activities for work-based learning placements
- Knowledge of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act programs including NCWorks Online, NCWorks Career Centers and associated North Carolina workforce related organizations.
- Master's degree in business or a related discipline
Meets with area businesses to assess workforce needs, identify resources, and discuss appropriate services that can be provided by the Workforce Development Board, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act programs and other NCWorks Career Center programs and partners, to include incumbent worker targeted grant programs.
- Provide linkages with WIOA eligible clients and employers/businesses to on-the-job training, work experience, work-based learning, incumbent workforce programs and job placements.
- Serve as a liaison between NCWorks Career Center staff and business for work-based learning opportunities through completion and follow-up.
- Assist, coordinate and promote a single point of contact methodology via an integrated and unified business outreach effort with NCWorks Career Center business outreach teams and organizations external to the career centers including economic development, community colleges, vocational rehabilitation, and other partner agencies.
- Participate in approved meetings of business groups to network and discuss available services.
- Market WIOA programs, special grants and other NCWorks business oriented grant programs
- Coordinate grant implementation with counterparts; jointly organize, facilitate, report, and follow up on activities and events to include regional business services teams and initiatives.
- Attend relevant NCWorks Career Center and other meetings on behalf of the Triangle South Workforce Development Board and Central Carolina Community College.
- Research sector needs and labor market trends and recommend projects and strategies to improve employer services.
- Maintain comprehensive current knowledge and awareness of local, regional, and global workforce trends and advances; read professional literature; maintain professional affiliations.
- Conduct, process, analyze and report on employer surveys and make recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources