3395 Airport Rd., Pinehurst, NC 28374
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
- A graduate degree with a major in nursing from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of two calendar years or equivalent of full-time experience in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse.
- Must meet North Carolina Board of Nursing requirements for preparation in teaching learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation appropriate to assignment. (21NCAC 36.0318 (3) Faculty)
- Possess a strong commitment to the mission of community colleges.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have an appreciation of the value of collegiality and SCC core values.
- One year experience with simulation and simulation technology and Certification Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) preferred.
Sandhills Community College is seeking a Center of Learning and Simulation (CoLaS) Resource Coordinator/Nurse Educator. This position requires a registered nurse who is responsible for coordinating the CoLaS and guiding the students’ learning experiences to achieve the objectives of the course of study and program outcomes.
The responsibilities of this position include:
Manage and coordinate flexible use of CoLaS and its resources such as:
- Develops policies and procedures and forms related to CoLaS operation.
- Posts information related to CoLaS and simulation on Nursing Share Files.
- Presents data related to CoLaS activities and operations.
- Seeks internal and external resources to further develop CoLaS activities.
- Maintains resources.
Manages the activities of CoLaS to fulfill its mission such as:
- Orients faculty and students to CoLaS and simulation activities.
- Collaborates and assists faculty with the development, execution and evaluation of learning strategies related to caring interventions and simulation activities to meet educational objectives of the nursing curriculum.
- Assists studentswith practice/remediation of caring interventions and use of associated AV/CAI resources.
- Performs simulation demonstrations and CoLaS tours.
- Complies with the SCC Teaching Faculty Policy Agreement and maintains a current Nursing Faculty Portfolio.