Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, August 17, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in physical therapy; holds a current license/certification to practice as a PT or PTA in any United States jurisdiction;
2. Experience teaching PTA in a college setting; didactic and/or clinical teaching experience;
3. Minimum of five years (or equivalent), full-time, post licensure experience that includes a minimum of three years (or equivalent) of full-time clinical experience;
4. Experience in administration/management; Demonstrated management of subordinates in PTA.
1. Five years of teaching experience in a community college setting;
2. Proficiency in Moodle;
3. Demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language and/or second language including American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
The Chair will also be the first FT instructor; an instructor in this position will demonstrate mastery of subject matter sufficient to conduct college courses in the curriculum; develop teaching materials, activities, projects, assignments and assessments for each course taught; prepare lesson plans, deliver instruction (online and face-to-face), and supervise students; abide by policies, standards, goals and objectives of the College, the Division, and the Department.
Will participate in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation activities for continuous improvement of instructional quality; support for work towards accreditation; serve on department, division and college-level committees; student advising; community relations; seek opportunities for ongoing professional development and devote appropriate time to maintaining proficiency in the various sub-fields of the discipline.
1. Organizes and facilitates activities on a daily basis for the Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) Department, including scheduling of classes each term, budget management, and faculty management.
2. Teaches up to six courses per semester, possibly in online, hybrid, ITV, or traditional delivery scheduled in 8 week, 14 week, or 16 week formats.
3. Teaches classes in the evenings and at off-campus locations, as needed.
4. Supervises students in the classroom.
5. Develops, prepares, and delivers course materials and activities for each course assigned.
6. Develops and advances new innovative techniques and technology for instruction in PTA.
7. Participates in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation activities to improve the instructional quality.
8. Serves a diverse population of students by fostering positive relationships and focusing on retention.
9. Participates in professional development activities especially those related to PTA and best practices.
10. Performs related duties such as advising students and student organizations, modifying existing courses, attending department meetings, and assisting in budgetary decisions as assigned by supervisor.
11. Serves on department, division, and college committees as assigned.
12. Schedules and maintains a minimum number of office hours per week for assisting/advising students.
13. Abides by policies, standards, goals, and objectives of the college and department.
14. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.