Closes: Sunday, October 29, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Business, Public Administration, or related field, Master's degree preferred.
- Seven years human resources generalist experience, which must include time supervising clerical and professional employees.
- Higher education experience preferred.
- HR certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR, IPMA-CP) or eligibility and desire to sit for certification is preferred.
The Successful Candidate:
- has significant breadth in the Human Resources competency areas of recruitment and selection, benefits, classification, salary administration, health and safety – including worker's compensation, employee training and development, diversity initiatives and performance management;
- successfully works to break down silos across the campus to influence a culture of effective problem solving, teamwork and communication;
- exhibits a track record of leading the implementation of technology in Human Resources processes to enhance efficiency, transparency and decentralization;
- has proven experience in the design, implementation, management and review of Human Resources functions including creating metrics to evaluate outcomes;
- has a work history that demonstrates personal initiative in, and ownership of, assigned areas of responsibility as well as the proactive implementation of change.
- uses facilitative and collaborative approaches in leading cohesive and systematic change while communicating excellently with individuals and in groups;
- effectively seeks and incorporates the input of multiple stakeholders in a process focused culture to achieve desired results;
- thrives in a culture of high performance expectations and personal accountability in the service of being a highly accomplished HR professional;
- emphasizes building a cohesive HR team as well as the development of individual employees;
- is a responsive professional who continuously improves customer service in a service-driven organization;
- serves as a champion for employees regardless of department, tenure, or position; and
- is an empowering leader equally dedicated to building a cohesive team throughout the department, as well as the development of individual employees.
See above minimum requirements.
Guilford Technical Community College with its main campus in Jamestown, NC, is seeking a Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) for its multi-campus, non-residential college within Guilford County. The CPO serves as the College's senior Human Resources leader who provides leadership in developing and executing transformational human resource strategy in support of the overall goals, initiatives and strategic direction of the college. The CHRO must be dedicated to excellence in career and technical education, and desire to become part of an environment that values collaboration, learning, innovation, accessibility, excellence, integrity and inclusion. Learn more about the mission and values of the college at https://newemployee.gtcc.edu/mission-vision-and-values/.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact