Closes: Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Must have been enrolled or be actively enrolled in college classes working towards an Associate’s degree in a related field.
• Previous experience in an educational setting.
• Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel. Communication, both oral and written, skills necessary.
• Completion of a Associate’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution. Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
• Prior student assessment and analysis experience. Prior experience in College and Career Readiness and/or Basic Skills.
Customer service and sales or recruitment experience.
• Prior experience with Colleague; knowledgeable about the registration requirements of the NC Community College System.
Beaufort County Community College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of College & Career Readiness Admissions and Assessment Specialist in the Division of Continuing Education. The College & Career Readiness Admissions and Assessment Specialist assists in the enrollment of students in the Basic Skills program as well as the administration of the Career & College Readiness Assessment. Following student enrollment, the Admissions and Assessment Specialist will assist in collecting, inputting, and analyzing literacy data for the Basic Skills program; as well as retaining students throughout the duration of the program. Other duties of this position will include assisting the Director of College & Career Readiness with instructor contracts, payroll, creating instructor supply packets, and the ordering of instructional supplies and office supplies. Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth. This full-time, 12 month staff position with benefits reports to the Continuing Education Director of College & Career Readiness
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Recruit and register students in the College and Career Readiness program by identifying population in assigned service area eligible for the Basic Skills program, assessing students’ needs in an interview, determine eligibility, and provide students with information about programs.
• Organize and secure all registration and assessment files.
• Follow up on all initial student contacts to encourage registration in appropriate classes.
• Assist with admissions to include collecting money, selling books/materials, and setting up attendance records.
• Assist with monitoring College and Career Readiness classes and coordinate with instructors to ensure student retention.
• Maintain accuracy and completeness of Literacy Education Information System (LEIS) data. Ensure students in College and Career Readiness are testing after every 60 hours of instruction.
• Provide LEIS reports to College and Career Readiness staff and instructors on a regular basis.
• Market and promote College and Career Readiness program through contact of key individuals and organizations in the community.
• Assist with the creation and distribution of College and Career Readiness marketing and promotional materials.
• Provide Director of College and Career Readiness with monthly list of eligible students.
• Assist Chief High School Equivalency Examiner in administering the GED® and HiSET® high school equivalency exams.
• Assist Director of College and Career Readiness with instructor contracts, payroll, creating instructor supply packets, and the ordering of instructional and office supplies.
• Adapt and respond to changing work situations and environments in a positive manner.
• Multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
• Maintain student, instructor, and staff confidentiality. Consistently monitor work area to ensure instructor and student data is being protected according to Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations. Participate in annual FERPA training.
• Identify and improve upon internal work-flow procedures in an effort to provide improved customer service to Continuing Education customers, both internal and external.
• Serve on college committees as assigned.
• Participate in professional development activities designed to enhance job skills and knowledge, as agreed upon by the employee and supervisor.
• Interact with students, the public, the community, and co-workers in a cooperative, courteous and professional manner.
• Comply with the College’s policies and procedures.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities, as assigned by supervisor.