Old Charlotte Highway Campus, Monroe, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, March 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with basic technology
• Experience working with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities
• Ability to relate well to others
• Sensitive to students with different learning abilities
• Mature, responsible, and dependable demeanor
• Patient, helpful, friendly, and cooperative attitude in working with students and staff
• Ability to perform multi-task assignments
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Experience creating lesson plans
Two Compass Education Instructor positions are available on the Old Charlotte Highway (OCH) Campus in Monroe, NC – one for Tuesday/Thursday mornings and one for Tuesday/Thursday afternoons. Both positions have the possibility of substitute teaching on M/W/F mornings. The Compass Education Program provides educational opportunities to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Classes focus on helping the individual become as independent and self-directed as possible by acquiring basic academic and employability skills.
• Provide instruction based on reading, writing, math and employability skills in a contextualized form.
• Plan lessons for each class meeting based on the NC Community College Adult Education Content Standards.
• Maintain required paperwork for the class including: roster, and registration forms.
• Communicate with the Compass Ed Coordinator concerning materials needed lesson plans and student issues.
How to Apply
Complete online application at jobs.spcc.edu