JCC Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Thursday, August 24, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree in Business, Management, Networking, Computer Science, or related management/information technology degree.
Experience Minimum: One to three years experience in an office management or computer lab environment.
DESCRIPTION:Manages and is responsible for the overall operation of the College's Open Computer Lab. Assists students, faculty, and staff with computer-related issues in the computer lab. Periodic night and weekend work required.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains the overall operation and staffing of the Open Computer Lab.
- Insures staffing of the Open Computer Lab is maintained during operational and special activity hours.
- Maintains the Open Computer Lab records and reports.
- Maintains computer lab software which includes installing and uninstalling software each semester and keeping computers up to date.
- Maintains the Open Computer Lab equipment and supply inventories.
- Assists students with logon, printing, and other Open Computer Lab technical issues.
- Assists students with registering for classes in WebAdvisor.
- Assists students with access to JCC resources such as WebAdvisor, Blackboard, and network printing.
- Orders necessary supplies to maintain the supply inventory.
- Coordinates and manages Open Computer Lab needs for visiting agencies and others needing access to the lab.
- Manages Pay-4-Print accounts and assists clients with issues related to the accounts.
- Prints and reviews Pay-4-Print reports.
- Assists the Information Technology Department with between semester activities, as needed.
- Installs and configures Open Computer Lab software as needed.
- Troubleshoots Open Computer Lab issues.
- Serves on various committees as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises two part-time employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to generate and interpret graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and should have knowledge of Blackboard, WebAdvisor, Email, and a variety of third party software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact