Closes: Friday, January 12, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Hotel /Restaurant Management or related field. One to two years of experience supporting a customer and/or sales/marketing function; experience with industry specific software relating to space and contact management (i.e. Delphi, EMS, Underbach)
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
The Conference Services Specialist position is located on the Harris Campus.
The Conference Services Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Conference Services Coordinator with event planning and detail processes at Harris Conference Center (HCC). HCC is conveniently located near Charlotte's center city, major interstates, and the Charlotte Douglas international Airport. HCC hosts more than 200 meetings and 25,000 visitors annually.
The Conference Services Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the conference planning and detail process at the Harris Conference Center (HCC)
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops new prospects and clients for the HCC through research and solicitation; qualifies leads and generates interests with clients for services available at HCC.
- Coordinates and supports projects and functions relating to sales and marketing of services for the HCC, with emphasis on social media.
- Prepares proposals, contracts menus and banquet event orders. Makes changes to requirements as needed.
- Conducts tours of facilities for prospects and clients as needed.
- Works with assigned groups through life of the meeting, preparing proposals, contracts, banquet event orders and room diagrams.
- Opens building to ensure catering staff and rooms set properly; resolves issues with clients satisfactorily or engages an administrator to assist if issues cannot be resolved
- Performs post-event follow-up and evaluation on a timely basis; makes recommendations for improvements based on clients’ feedback.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must have strong listening and questioning skills
- Must be able to make sales presentations
- Must have excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Must have ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
How to Apply
Job Post Contact