Closes: Thursday, June 22, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required; MSA (Master of Science in Accounting)/CPA (Certified Public Accountant) with two years relevant experience, specifically in the field of Accounting preferred.
MSA (Master of Science in Accounting)/CPA (Certified Public Accountant) with two years relevant experience, specifically in the field of Accounting preferred.
Basic purpose of position:
The Controller reports to the Vice President for Business and Finance/CFO and assists in maintaining accounting systems and internal controls necessary to meet local, state and federal guidelines as well as ensure the financial integrity of the Institution.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preparing accurate and timely GAAP financial reports as required for internal use, the North Carolina Community College System Office, the NC State Auditor's Office, the Office of the State Controller, and for other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for overseeing the financial activities and preparation of Annual Financial Statements for the Foundation of the College.
- To maintain adequate internal controls within the daily financial activities of the Finance Department by reviewing internal control procedures at least annually and making recommendations for improvements if a weakness is detected.
- Responsible for the cash management of the College, including Federal, State and local drawdowns, monitoring cash balances daily, recording EFT payments to appropriate funds, and transferring funds to deposit accounts when necessary to maximize interest earnings.
- To oversee the financial activities of the College's Foundation; assist Foundation staff by responding to requests for information and providing miscellaneous revenue/expenditure reports; monitor Foundation funds to ensure receipts and expenditures are properly recorded to appropriate funds; coordinate the preparation of annual financial statements for Foundation and assist external auditor during audit of financial statements.
- Assist with the certain activities of the Payroll department. Review final payroll computation report prior to check processing to ensure accuracy of account codes, pay amounts and any special circumstances requiring attention. Review and confirm that institutional and local payroll amounts are correct and have been deposited into the state bank account in a timely manner.
- To maintain, reconcile and balance assigned accounts and funds to the general ledger for State, County, and institutional funds.
How to Apply
A TCCC application is required, plus a letter of interest, resume, and transcripts. For an application packet, please contact the Human Resources Office at Tri-County Community College, 21 Campus Circle, Murphy, NC 28906. Phone: (828) 835-4201 or e mail: email@example.com. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Job Post Contact