Closes: Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field from a regionally accredited institution
• A minimum of 4 years of work experience in accounting or related field.
• A minimum of 4 years of work experience in community college environment.
• Experience working specifically with budgeted accounting components of the College Information System (CIS), based on the Ellucian Colleague system, specifically Colleague.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and general office software and equipment.
• Knowledge of local, state and federal laws concerning financial matters.
• Ability to make sound decisions, evaluate priorities, multitask, and remain flexible.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Masters Degree in Accounting or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• Knowledgeable about the accounting and reporting requirements of the NC Community College System, the North Carolina State Auditors Office, and other State, Federal, and Local Governmental Agencies, from which the College receives funds or relevant knowledge.
Full-time 12 month staff position reports to the Vice President of Administrative Services. This position will plan and direct the operations of accounting, purchasing, and equipment functions of the College. Under limited supervision, this position will exercise initiative and independent judgment in performance of assigned responsibilities. This position requires flexibility and receptivity to changing technologies, methods, processes, and organizational structure and practices.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Administrative Services, the Controller/ Budget Director works cooperatively with BCCC faculty/staff to perform the following:
• Supervise the activities of the Business Office including accounting, purchasing, and equipment.
• Assist with the preparation of the College’s State Budget. Monitor budget during year.
• Prepare and submit monthly and yearly state reports on or before due date.
• Prepare and submit annual financial statements for the College on or before due date.
• Prepare reports as needed by Community College System’s Office.
• Provide assistance to internal and external stakeholders regarding financial activities, processes, policies and procedures.
• Provides advice and support for supervisors and administration related to proper resource management.
• Oversee the Business Office budgets. Utilize the College Information System (CIS), Informer, and to facilitate Business Office related processes and reporting.
• Monitor internal controls and recommend changes as needed.
• Manage and ensure closing of fiscal year in CIS system.
• Manage and ensure proper accounting control of endowments and scholarships obtained through the BCCC Foundation.
• Preparation of cash certification request.
• Preparation of yearly Escheat reports.
• Monitor state cash balances.
• G5 cash management and reconciliation with Colleague, federal, and Financial Aid.
• Manage Customized Training budget adjustments and reconcile between the College and NCCCS.
• Prepare Foreign National Quarterly report.
• Interpret and promote consistent application of policies and procedures in a manner which supports the College’s mission, vision and values as well as local, state and federal regulations. Review and recommend revisions to policies and procedures when needed.
• Answer requests for information from employees, administration, outside agencies, and the public.
• Discuss and help resolve Business Office employee questions, problems and conflicts, involving appropriate administrators or supervisors as needed.
• Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers.
• Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations concerning financial matters.
• Organize and lead monthly staff meetings for Business Office employees.
• Treat others respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in such a way that creates a workplace marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
Additional Duties And Responsibilities:
• Serve on the College’s Committees as assigned. Committee assignments may be subject to change.
• Participate in professional development activities designed to enhance job skills and knowledge, as agreed upon by the employee and supervisor.
• Comply with the College’s policies and procedures located on the BCCC website.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities, as assigned by supervisor.