- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 15, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Current unrestricted North Carolina License to function as a registered nurse.
- Two years full-time direct patient care as a registered nurse.
- Each nurse faculty member shall hold a current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina. The program director shall document current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
- Nursing faculty who teach in a program leading to initial licensure as a nurse shall:
- hold either a baccalaureate in nursing or a master's degree in nursing from an accredited institution;
- if employed after December 31, 1983, have two calendar years or the equivalent of full time clinical experience as a registered nurse;
- if newly employed in a full-time faculty position on or after January 1, 2016, hold a graduate degree from an accredited institution or obtain a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited institution within two years of initial full-time employment;
- Prior to or within the first three years of employment, have preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to assignment. This preparation may be demonstrated by one of the following:
- completion of 45 contact hours of continuing education courses;
- completion of a certificate program in nursing education;
- nine semester hours of education course work;
- national certification in nursing education; or
- Documentation of successful completion of structured, individualized development activities of at least 45 contact hours approved by the Board. Criteria for approval include content in the faculty role within the curriculum implementation, objectives to be met and evaluated, review of strategies for identified student population and expectations of student and faculty performance;
- Maintain competence in the areas of assigned responsibility
- Have current knowledge of nursing practice for the registered nurse and the licensed practical nurse.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
Oversees clinical faculty and teaches students in the clinical setting, evaluates student progress, advises students related to clinical progress, maintains immunization records, evaluates clinical activities; supervises and evaluates ADN students in clinical activities. Evaluates clinical faculty. Maintains rapport with clinical agencies. Participate in curriculum implementation and program evaluation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedule, manage, and evaluate student clinical rotations for second level students.
- Supervise and recruit clinical instructors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry agencies; developing partnerships when necessary.
- Teach in the classroom and simulation hospital and participate in program evaluation.
In addition to the faculty instructor position:
- Maintains records for all site clinical training, including computerized documentation and online orientations.
- Grade projects or activities related to the clinical setting for evaluation of students in each course.
- Conduct student conferences on a semester basis in relation to progress in clinical activities.
- Manages any clinical probation situation.
- Plans clinical schedules.
- Act as a liaison between students, adjunct clinical faculty and clinical agency representatives.
- Arrange for guest speakers, observation experience, field trips, etc., as needed to fulfill clinical competencies.
- Supervise and evaluate student performance in the clinical situations.
- Assist in maintenance of teaching – learning resources (equipment, lab, supplies).
- Evaluates adjunct clinical faculty.
- Disseminates evaluations for clinical faculty and clinical sites.
- Assures all students pay malpractice.
- Develops, delivers, and discusses informational packets for clinical faculty and clinical sites.
- Provides the Director of Nursing with justifications for clinical faculty.
- Assists with drug screening and criminal background checks under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001