- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, June 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
-Associate’s degree in Fire Protection Technology, Fire Science, or a closely related field from a regionally
-North Carolina Office of State Fire Marshall (OSFM) certified or qualified in: Fire Fighter II, Fire
Fighter Instructor II
-A valid North Carolina Driver’s License and a Class B Driver’s license or the ability to attain one upon hire.
- 5 years of relevant field experience in the fire Service/ fire protection.
- 3 years of fire service/ fire protection training/teaching experience based on regulatory training standards.
- Administrative and/or supervisory experience to include employee evaluation.
-Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection Technology, Fire Science, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited college/university
-Specialty Certifications as a North Carolina: Airport Firefighter, Driver/Operator, Emergency Vehicle Driver, Emergency Vehicle Trailer Towing, Fire Officer II, Hazardous Materials (Haz-Mat) Responder or Technician, Technical Rescue (Vehicle Machinery Rescue (VMR), Agricultural Rescue, Surface Water Rescue, Confined Space and Ropes) or Wildland Fire Suppression.
- Greater than 5 years of relevant field experience in fire service/ fire protection.
- Greater than 3 years of fire service/ fire protection training/teaching experience based on regulatory training
- Teaching/training experience at a post-secondary institution.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
This Coordinator will provide the vision and leadership required to support and enhance the mission of the Fire Academy program. The Coordinator’s primary administrative responsibilities include program development/management, continuous review, planning, budget administration, general effectiveness of the program, accreditation, and providing supervision and mentoring to part-time faculty. Instructional responsibilities require a broad-based knowledge of the Fire Service field of study at the local, state and national levels. The Coordinator of the Fire Academy at Guilford Technical Community College will be responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college. The Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Fire Protection Occupational Extension (OE), with oversight from the Division Chair of Human Services, Public Safety, Health and Physical Education.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact