Closes: Thursday, August 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Business Administration or related field and two years of related experience
This position reports to Associate Vice President of Corporate and Economic Development and Dean of the Harris Campus. The Coordinator position is responsible for ensuring record keeping for multiple budgets, ensuring that procurement guidelines and procedures are followed and for serving on campus committees.
The candidate must have demonstrated skills in budgeting and procurement procedures, preferably in N.C. State budgets. In addition, the successful candidate will have experience in tracking, anticipating and preparing for upcoming deadlines, events and agenda items that require action by the Associate Vice President. Other requirements include serving as a resource to clerical employees in the department.
Under general supervision, plans and oversees administrative support and operational services for the division.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides detailed information requiring some interpretation of guidelines regarding department’s programs and policies; responds to inquiries by phone or in person; researches and resolves problems and complaints.
- Monitors and oversees all budgets that falls under the Dean; informs head of department regarding budget status; prepares and maintains accurate and up-to-date budget records; assists in compiling information for Dean and Departmental budget requests.
- Processes eProcurement requisitions for the Dean, as well as, oversees all division requisitions to ensures that content is accurate and conforms to current policy.
- Provides leadership to other clerical employees; serves as informational resource to staff.
- Reviews and responds to incoming correspondence; may type and proof correspondence, reports, and exams; may assist in preparing comprehensive reports.
- May monitor activity of department to ensure all forms and reports are completed by deadline; may assist in completing forms and reports.
- Receives and processes forward resignation and termination documents.
- May monitor inventory and supplies; may prepare requisitions; may order supplies.
- May draft a variety of correspondence and memos for supervisor’s approval; may type and proofread manuals, books, and other materials; may create forms for Department use.
- May perform a variety of administrative tasks including scheduling and maintaining calendar, making travel arrangements, scheduling and coordinating meetings, and processing time sheets and attendance reports.
- May create and update unit’s files; may purge inactive files may maintain unit’s computerized databases.
- May provides clerical support for committees, special projects, and task forces.
- Supervises, oversees, and assists in the daily operations of the IOA and clerical employees in the division, including student workers.
- Assists with hiring (full and part-time), documentation, and tracking.
- Facilitates procurement for division, maintains division files and reports related to budget for the division.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact