Closes: Friday, June 23, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree in Disabilities, Counseling, Special Education, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Assistive Technology or related field and at least two years of experience in student services, counseling, or working with students with disabilities in an educational institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master's degree in Disabilities, Counseling, Special Education, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Assistive Technology or related field.
The Coordinator of Student Accessibility Services will determine and coordinate support services to students with disabilities. The coordinator will maintain compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of the Americans with Disabilities Act, advocating on the behalf of students.
- Coordinate the support services program for students with disabilities for the college.
- Identify qualified students and assist them through the application process.
- Inform faculty/staff of needed accommodations.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students to be in compliance with the ADA and Section 504 of the federal law.
- Assist in grievance resolution.
- Act as advocate to faculty/staff for students with special needs.
- Remain current and knowledgeable of ADA, Section 504, and other laws affecting special population services
- Remain current on assistive technologies and other accommodations necessary to properly serve special population students
- Assist in the facilitation of placement testing accommodations for special population students
- Assist in maintaining communication and cooperation with Vocational Rehabilitation and other referred services
- Participate in appropriate professional development and associations
- Be available to work evenings when necessary to provide services to evening students
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Dean of Admissions or the Vice President of Student Services.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources