- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. An associate’s or higher level degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. North Carolina cosmetology license.
3. North Carolina cosmetology instructor’s license.
4. Significant work experience in the field of Cosmetology.
5. Willingness to work variable hours including mornings, afternoons, nights and/or weekends as necessary
6. Good interpersonal relations skills
7. Good oral and written communication skills
8. Desire to use or learn to use technology (i.e. Internet) to deliver instruction
9. Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept
10. Excellent references from previous/current employers.
1. Teaching experience in a community college setting.
2. Desire to use or learn to use technology (i.e. Internet) to deliver instruction
3. Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide a comprehensive educational instructional program committed to quality teaching and successful student achievement. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; preparing tests; grading papers. Performs related work as required.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for application is May 31th, 2018.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact