- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, April 22, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
SACS requirement for Career Technologies Faculty position must be met as follows:
Master's Degree in Criminal Justice or Master's Degree with 18 graduate hours in Criminal Justice
Preferred Experience and License(s) / Certifications:
- Minimum of 5 years (5) full-time, practical experience in Criminal Justice field
- Minimum of two (2) years of college level teaching experience
- Prefer Certifications Required by Basic Law Enforcement Training Faculty: Current BLET Certification by training and standards with at least a general instructor certification
Under general supervision of the Divisional Dean, the faculty member teaches assigned class loads and serves as faculty advisor according to the rules and procedures of the College. The faculty member will work at least 40 hours per week including instructing courses, maintaining posted office hours, evaluating student work, preparing for the courses, and fulfilling other duties as needed.
- The Criminal Justice Program is delivered in both the traditional seated format and a completely online format.
- Will assist as needed with the BLET Program.
- Position will be a nine and a half (9.5) month position.
- Stipend pay for Coordinator duties may be applicable.
- Teaches assigned class loads according to MCC Faculty Workload Policy. Submits loadsheet showing instructional load and office hours to Division Dean each semester
- Provides classroom and course management in a manner that is consistent with appropriate professional conduct
- Serves as a faculty advisor and keeps regular office hours in accordance with the procedures designated by the Vice President of Instruction and Student Development and set forth in the Faculty Handbook and College Policy Manual
- Assists students outside of scheduled class times as needed
- Utilizes methods of instruction and teaching techniques that are appropriate to the fulfillment of course goals and objectives
- Furnishes all data and reports according to deadlines set by the Instructional Services Division using appropriate forms and formats
- Develops and maintains syllabi following the syllabus template for courses within the academic field(s) of responsibility, submits an electronic copy to the Division Dean and provides the students a copy the first week of class
- Maintains accurate class rosters (census reports and final attendance reports) and submits same in the manner and at times required by the Division Dean and Registrar
- Submits final grades each semester as specified on Academic Calendar
- Submit Early Alerts and Administrative Withdrawals as outlined in MCC procedures.
- Attends faculty and unit meetings and workshops as scheduled
- Actively participates in the faculty evaluation process
- Notifies Division Dean of any absences or alterations in the class schedule in advance and in writing, if possible. Completes leave forms according to MCC Policy.
- Carries out special assignments at the request of the Division Dean
- Reviews and recommends textbooks, reference materials, software, audio visual aids, and learning resources for classroom use
- Participates in comprehensive and annual program reviews.
- Recommends curriculum revisions and modifications to supervisor
- Assists in determining budget needs for program and recommends purchases of equipment and supplies when appropriate; orders supplies when appropriate
- Mentors adjunct faculty as assigned by the supervisor
- Assists the Division Dean in developing semester course schedules
- Participates in graduation, priority registration and final registration, and is available for student orientations as requested
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through reading professional publications and attending workshops and conferences as appropriate
- Participates in student recruitment activities
- Has knowledge of requirements of working with students with disabilities and coordinating services, as required by appropriate college staff and community agencies
- Ability to effectively deliver courses in an online format
- Supervises full-time and part-time faculty within the respective department
- Prepares and submits budget requests, department goals and objectives
- Assists Division Dean with annual budget
- Schedules and directs performance of advisory committee meetings
How to Apply
To apply, go to Mayland Community College's EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES website at http://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/maylandedu?
- If you have previously applied at MCC or another facility utilizing governmentjobs.com (aka NEOGOV), login using your previously established userid and password
- If this is your first time applying through NEOGOV, you will need to register a new account as instructed
Documentation you will need scanned into your system to apply:
- A copy of your transcript(s) Note: If you are chosen for this position, official, sealed transcripts should be submitted to the HR Office from the accredited school within 30 days
- Current resume or CV
- Licensures / Certifications
* POSITION WILL CLOSE WHEN A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS CONFIRMED
Job Post Contact
Judy A. McClure, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director, Human Resources
Mayland Community College