Closes: Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Public Policy or related field required. A minimum of six years of progressively responsible experience preferably in a higher education.
- Working knowledge of the North Carolina Community College System.
- Experience in planning and budgeting at the organizational level, particularly in higher education
- Demonstrated experience in addressing and developing complex institutional budgetary priorities and needs.
- Proficient in accounting, statistical analysis, revenue forecasting, financial modeling, project modeling and business plan development.
- Proficient in basic business related software, network, telecommunications and desktop tools.
- Ability to develop and interpret reports, policies and forms, analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and establish strong communication with the departments across the institution.
- Committed to creating a strong culture of customer service.
- Expertise in technology applications for accounting, budgeting and reporting.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the College community.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities effectively.
- Experience with developing and negotiating contracts.
- Manage the business services of the College. Advise the President in matters pertaining to financial and business activities of the College.
- Coordinate the development of policies, regulations, and procedures that relate to the areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate the development and preparation of the College budget in accordance with college goals; work with individuals responsible for budgetary units and with the President and administrative team in the development of the budget.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure that budget limits are maintained. Work with budgetary units and the administrative team to make budget adjustments and reclassifications as needed. Provide monthly budget reports and explain budget balances.
- Provide written and oral reports and advice to the President, administrative team, budgetary units, faculty, and staff as required to ensure complete understanding of the budget.
- Direct, review, and maintain college contracts, licenses, permits, and insurance.
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements for state, federal, and local entities; as well as, state statutes, federal and local laws, and institutional policies/procedures.
- Assist other departments as necessary with partnerships between the College and other agencies.
- Coordinate and maintain externally funded grants, including requesting reimbursements as needed.
- Maintain and provide reports as needed for the Student Support Services Grant.
- Assist Financial Aid as needed with the Federal Work Study and SEOG calculations and fund balances -with assistance from the Assistant Controller.
- Ensure the establishment of appropriate internal controls and that they are followed, with the assistance of the Controller.
- Ensure coordination of audit activities with state auditors in the completion of annual fiscal year audit.
- Coordinate the request/purchase of equipment, supplies, and properties for the College, in collaboration with the administrative team and the President.
- Handle and/or respond all requests from the NCCCS Office, including surveys.
- Approve payroll on a monthly basis; assist and give supervision to the payroll department.
- Prepare and submit the yearly longevity report to the NCCCS.
- Prepare and submit the annual 1PEDS report as related to Finance.
- Assist Financial Aid with the preparation of the annual F1SAP report.
- Compile the necessary information needed to complete the financial reports for fiscal year end; including CAFR, financial statements, and closing the year in Datatel - with the assistance of the Controller.
- Ensure compliance with records retention and disposal.
- Ensure that the daily operations/functions of the Business Office are efficient, accurate, and timely.
- Ensure that Business Office employee job descriptions are kept up-to-date.
- Ensure that training is received for new hires within the Business Office, as well as assisting current employees when needed.
- Approve requisitions $ 1,000 or over on E-Procurement.
- Monitor federal expenditures and draw down of funds at least monthly or as needed. (FWS, SSS, Pell, ACG, SEOG, etc.)
- Serve as Treasurer for the Roanoke-Chowan Community College Foundation.
- Hold regular staff meetings to ensure proper communication within the Finance Department.
- Maintain an office calendar and personnel leave records to aid in scheduling leave.
- Ensure that all financial aid, student sponsorships, and return of Title IV funds are processed timely and accurately; including proper communication with the Financial Aid office.
- Assist the Controller as needed.
- Oversee management of maintenance, grounds, and custodial operations.
- Assist the President, Dean of Continuing Education and Student Services, and Campus Safety and Security Director with safety and security operations as needed.
- Manage the Information Technology Department.
- Serve on the President's Cabinet (PC) and other college committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
SUPERVISION PROVIDED: This position provides supervision to the Business Office, Information Technology, Bookstore Operations, & Maintenance and Facilities.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: This position is supervised by the President.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.roanokechowan.edu/category/jobs/ for more information and to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. As such, the College does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or political affiliation.