VGCC Main Campus
Closes: Sunday, October 22, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree with two years of experience in community college educational administration, teaching, or developing education programs and courses required. Knowledge and skill in the use of integrated software systems and Microsoft applications also required. Degrees and hours must be from a regionally accredited college or university. The individual must be willing to reside in the college’s service area.
Experience in a community college required.
1. Developing, articulating, and presenting the vision for the division.
2. Developing budgets and systems that demonstrate sound fiscal responsibility.
3. Demonstrating professional integrity and ethical leadership on a continual basis.
4. Developing the division’s action and assessment plan related to the College mission and planning objectives.
5. Collaborating with the other divisions of the College, organizations, partners, business, and industry to assess the needs for our service area.
6. Providing insight on continuing education to curriculum articulation
7. Developing strategies that will provide a clear pathway for basic skills students to transition to curriculum
8. Overseeing curriculum design, development, and implementation of non-credit courses and programs.
9. Making data-informed decisions that will yield an increase the number of students served through continuing education and basic skills.
10. Supervising directors, coordinators, and staff in the construction of class schedules; ensuring the academic integrity of all courses and programs.
11. Providing professional development to the unit that fosters an in-depth knowledge of work with the adult education population.
12. Providing insight on Basic Skills and Basic Skills Plus programs that will further advance educational opportunities for program participants.
13. Auditing off campus offerings in each supervised area.
14. Recruiting, supervising, and evaluating faculty.
15. Participating in institutional committees and college initiatives.
16. Seeking grants and assisting with the preparation of applications for funds needed to support the division.
17. Engaging in professional development.
18. Ensuring divisional advisory committee meetings are held annually; and other duties as assigned.
19. Seeking out technology that will enhance the ability to engage adult student population.
20. Advising the Vice President of Academic Affairs on matters that support student-success, enrollment growth, and community engagement.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3462