Closes: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education & experience
- Master's degree required; doctoral preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in leading a Continuing Education program required
- SACSCOC experience preferred
- Community College classroom experience highly desirable
- Experience in community involvement; both professionally and civically
Knowledge, specialized skills and abilities
- Clear understanding of the community college philosophy, the College's mission, and the continuing education concept
- Demonstrated leadership/experience in serving the needs of business and industry
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated leadership toward advanced technology training
- Strong technical knowledge and conceptual framework of how continuing education functions as a department as well as its major components
- Demonstrated evidence of innovative program creation and maintenance
- Ability to lead and manage personnel who are at varying levels of experience and professional functioning
- Experience with job training and job preparation programs
- Ability to be flexible and supportive while making firm decisions that benefit the continuing education department as well as the College
To plan, manage, direct, supervise, evaluate, and implement all policies, rules, procedures, and personnel concerned with Continuing Education and Workforce Development.
- Create awareness of programs and services within the community
- Assess needs and develop programs and delivery strategies which are responsive to community needs
- Promote articulation and partnerships between business/industry and health/community service organizations
- Administer College policies pertaining to operational procedures for accountability in non-curriculum programs
- Maintain continuous interaction with business and industry to responsively deliver workforce training which prepares individuals for the 21st century workforce
- Render the College as the presumptive deliverer of training as viewed by customers
- Cooperate in the development and delivery of global workforce development training
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.roanokechowan.edu/about-r-ccc/human-resources/job-opportunit... for more information and to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. As such, the College does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or political affiliation.