Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in Criminal Justice, Emergency Medicine, Fire Science, or a related field;
2. Ten years of experience in an Emergency Services Field;
3. Supervisory experience.
1. Experience teaching curriculum or continuing education classes in a higher education setting;
2. Experience working in an emergency services field (law enforcement, EMS, or fire) in North Carolina;
3. Demonstrated proficiency in a foreign language and/or second language, including American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
The Division Dean has the responsibility for coordinating activities of the departments within the Division, assists Vice President for Instructional Services and the Vice President for Economic & Workforce Development/Continuing Education (EWD/CE) in administering College policies by performing the following duties.
• Serves as the College administrator at A-B Tech Woodfin;
• Oversees development, operation, and evaluation of divisional programs;
• Oversees student learning outcome assessment, academic advising, and strategic planning for the Division;
• Implements College policies and procedures;
• Recruits and develops faculty;
• Develops and manages budgets in conjunction with the Vice President for Instructional Services and the Vice President for EWD/CE;
• Coordinates with the department chairs and coordinators/directors to give timely and accurate publication of continuing education class schedules and marketing of continuing education offerings;
• Assists with establishing and maintaining affiliation agreements for the clinical training sites for Emergency Services programs;
• Serves as the liaison with the various accrediting bodies and state boards for the emergency services programs. Ensures timely submission of accurate documentation to these agencies;
• Reviews contracts, time sheets, and schedules for curriculum and continuing education classes;
• Meets with professionals from emergency services community concerning their overall training needs;
• Verifies that all faculty in the Division meet the credential requirements for the College, SACSCOC, and other accrediting agencies;
• Provides feedback to employees on performance;
• Identifies and encourages professional development activities;
• In conjunction with the Coordinator, Buncombe County Emergency Services Training Facility, oversees all instructional operations of the facility;
• Serves on campus and community committees;
• Establishes partnerships with area fire departments, law enforcement agencies, hospitals, and EMS agencies in Madison and Buncombe County;
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Instructional Services and by the Vice President for EWD/CE.