Closes: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education & experience
- Master’s degree in guidance and counseling, student personnel, or education
- Five years in student advising, counseling, or closely related field
Knowledge, specialized skills and abilities
- Ability to make sound decisions based on data, policies, and human relations
- Ability to supervise and manage programs for students
- Ability to manage, evaluate, and supervise personnel
- Ability to understand and cope with various behavioral patterns
- Ability to relate to people from differing economic, social, and educational backgrounds
- Ability to understand and interpret test materials and scores
To plan, manage, direct, supervise, evaluate, and implement all policies, rules, procedures, and personnel concerned with the Student Services.
- Develop goals and objectives for the division; develop and implement activities to achieve these goals and objectives.
- Develop budget; monitor expenditures; review budget reports; and recommend budget changes.
- Screen, interview, and recommend for employment full-time and part-time staff members in the operational unit.
- Assess space and equipment needs for the operation of the office; recommend appropriate action.
- Develop appropriate rules and procedures for the operation, maintenance, and management of the office; supply necessary reports of division’s activities.
- Supervise all employees of the department.
- Serve on college committees.
- Evaluate personnel and services offered by the department.
- Encourage personal and professional development of those supervised.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to the public and in relevant organizations and associations.
- Assist in short- and long-range planning.
- Monitor student lounge.
- Function as liaison between Student Services and other departments.
- Administer disciplinary actions according to college policy.
- Make presentations to high school groups; conduct tours of the campus for the purpose of recruiting.
- Supervise and coordinate registration process.
- Coordinate plans for graduation exercises.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.roanokechowan.edu/about-r-ccc/human-resources/job-opportunit... for more information and to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. As such, the College does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or political affiliation.