JCC Main Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Diploma in Heavy Equipment and Transport Technology or related field.
Three years of work experience as a truck or equipment Service and Repair Technician
Associate Degree in Heavy Equipment and Transport Technology or related field.
Five years of work experience as a truck or equipment Service and Repair Technician, and some teaching/training experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- ASE Medium/Heavy Truck preferred
REPOST - Previous applicants must re-apply to be considered.
Under general supervision, the purpose of this position is to provide instruction in the certificate, diploma, and A.A.S. programs for the heavy equipment and transport technology (diesel) trade. Employee must possess a commitment to quality teaching and student achievement. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; administering tests; evaluating work; and counseling/advising students. Perform related work as required. Posted until filled.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches classes and instructs; conducts learning activities.
- Determines need for supplies; ensure proper storage and security of supplies; obtains quotes as needed.
- Averages grades and prepares grade reports.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy; administers and responds to annual evaluation reports; prepares and maintains a variety of paperwork.
- Maintains cleanliness of class/lab area.
- Maintains security of tools and equipment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Mathematical Skills: Applicant must have a working knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under extreme stress is required.
Computer Skills: Applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft office knowledge a plus as this job will require the use of this software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants should be able to lift 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Post Contact