JCC Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, August 14, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's Degree in Nursing
Education Preferred: Unencumbered NC State License as Registered Nurse Health Care Provider CPR/BLS
Experience Minimum: Two years of work experience in the healthcare field or as a registered nurse with experience in teaching adults.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide quality instruction in teaching the curriculum for the direct care basics class. This class is under the Human Resources Development department and covers essential soft-skills, basic home management and personal care skills for non-nurse aide level providing limited assistance to clients. The schedule is Tuesday and Thursday, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, plus additional hours as needed.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide instruction which demonstrates knowledge of the subject matter and shows evidence of careful planning for the direct care basics curriculum.
- Participate in the development and revision of classroom materials by developing creative ways to add activities for a learner-centered focus.
- Observe the correct demonstration of the skills by the student.
- Maintain accurate student records pertaining to attendance and academic achievement.
- Participate in the recruitment of students for the program courses.
- Contribute to effective relationships between the College and affiliating agencies.
- Maintains program equipment and supplies.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend written material
Mathematical Skills: Basic math reasoning required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact