Statesville & Mooresville campuses
Closes: Friday, August 25, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree from an accredited institution, along with 5 years of academic advising experience is required.
- Experience supervising full-time staff is required.
- Local travel, and some evening and weekend hours required.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills required.
- Possess computer literacy (Outlook and MS Office)
- Good organizational and project management skills
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Services, the Director of Academic Advising provides overall leadership, coordination and delivery of comprehensive and holistic academic advising services for Mitchell Community College's first-year students.
Knowledge & Responsibilities
- The Director will actively collaborate and serve as a liaison with academic deans, programs directors, academic support services, and student activities coordinator to develop programmatic initiatives which support student persistence and retention.
- Director will manage all operational aspects of the Academic Advising Center, including supervision of student success mentors, support staff, federal work study staff, and management of the departments' budget.
- Supervise the Coordinator of Student Activities and the Coordinator of Testing.
- Supervise the Coordinator of Enrollment management and monitor all enrollment and retention activities.
- Work closely with the Office of the Registrar for registration and tracking degree progress.
- Collaborate and coordinate activities for at-risk students, and students seeking transfer.
- Create and implement annual strategic plans aligned with the Colleges' mission.
- Provide student academic advising as needed.
- Serve on a variety of campus wide committees, and performs other duties as required or assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact